Software Platform Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA, US
This is a hands-on developer position for key features of the Cyphort security solution. As a Software Platform Engineer you will be building and maintaining the software infrastructure to support the next generation cyber threats defense platform. You must be comfortable working through collaboration and agile development techniques in a startup environment.
- Develop high-performance, reliable and scalable system software for our Linux-based appliance platform
- Carry out software requirements analysis, design, implementation, unit testing and maintenance for platform system and application level functionalities
- Develop, enhance, and maintain software build system and support continuous integration server in an agile development environment
- Design, implement and maintain internal software library and tools for supporting product infrastructure
- Help contributing to the areas of performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product
Desired Skills & Experience
- Solid experience in Linux software development using C/ C++
- Strong experience with scripting languages such as Python and Bash shell
- Strong knowledge in networking and protocols such as TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, and SSL
- Experience work with databases
- Solid understanding of system level programming, especially;
- Unix Sockets
- IPC (e.g. semaphores, message queues, shared memory, etc.)
- Process and thread management
- Experience with Linux packaging technologies such as rpm and deb
- Strong experience with build systems and tools such as gmake, autotools, debuild, etc
- Good working knowledge in version control systems such as git and svn
- Experience with open source networking and security tools such as tcpdump, Snort, nmap, etc
- Experience in platform-level vulnerability testing, Linux-based server hardening and firewalling is a big plus
- Experience in developing network monitoring and traffic capturing tools is a big plus
- Good knowledge of system performance tuning is a plus
- Ability to write functional requirements specifications is required
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.